Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Farewell Dear Sammy

Farewell Dear Sammy

We adopted Sammy in 2004 from The Cat Network. One of the volunteers was at Animal Control rescuing cats and saw someone in the parking lot about to surrender him. She got him and brought him to Assurant (where I worked at the time) for an adoption fair. I was volunteering at the adoption fair all day (dressed up as a big dog named Yogurt). At the end of the day, Sammy was just sitting there and I couldn't resist, I adopted him. 

In November 2012, Sammy passed the Canine Good Citizens (CGC) test and became a therapy dog through Therapy Dogs International (TDI). Over the years, my family and I have taken Sammy to nursing homes, schools, senior centers, and hospitals. Sammy passed away on February 1, 2017. He would have turned 15 later this month. 

This is a short video that reflects on his life. RIP, Sammy. I know you are giving those gentle "Wheaten Greetins'" wherever you are!

Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=assOSHA5Wsc&feature=youtu.be


No comments:

Post a Comment